With a membership of about 1,200 businesses and organizations, the Fresno Chamber of Commerce is one of the largest chambers in the State of California, in addition to being the largest business organization in the region. While our membership’s diverse body includes businesses of all sizes, corporations, associations and professionals, small businesses represent roughly 80 percent of our membership – leading our team to establish advocacy on their behalf as a central goal.
To promote and support the success of the regional business community through effective advocacy, education and relationship building.
The Fresno Chamber of Commerce is the leading voice and advocate for the business community. The Chamber promotes economic opportunity, business education and successful business relationships throughout the region.
• Represent the interests of Business with Government
• Promote economic vitality
• Promote business education and information exchange
• Provide networking/relationship building opportunities
Chamber Events and Membership
The Fresno Chamber offers a plethora of events and development programs that range from seminars and trainings to executive-level support and networking opportunities. Annual breakfasts/luncheons, monthly mixers and our annual trade show, the Small Business Expo, are just some of the events and programs designed to help you get the most value out of your membership. Listed here is a comprehensive list of these annual events:
Ag Awards Luncheon
Our Ag Awards Luncheon is a long-standing Chamber tradition where we honor a person from the agriculture community. The luncheon also features the presentation of the Baker Peterson Franklin Ag Business Award, which is given to an agricultural or farming business. The program hosts an array of industry experts who address important agricultural concerns and provide relevant information, including the Fresno County Farm Bureau’s State of Agriculture.
Small Business Expo
The Small Business Expo serves as a prime opportunity to showcase local businesses’ products and services and is also the perfect time to boast about your own. With numerous booths and hundreds of attendees, this event is an invaluable resource for network development and making those all-important contacts. There are also terrific giveaways with business card drawings, providing a little something for everyone! We regularly have a great turnout from Fresno residents, making this possibly the best opportunity to market your business all year!
State of the City Luncheon
Every year, the Fresno Chamber of Commerce presents the annual State of the City Luncheon with the Mayor of Fresno. This summer event provides a forum for the Mayor to share accomplishments, opportunities, and future plans with the community.
State of the County Breakfast
The annual State of the County breakfast serves as a forum for the Board of Supervisors to highlight the county’s accomplishments and outline a foundation for the future. This event is an excellent networking and marketing opportunity that takes place in the fall of each year.
Valley Business Awards Luncheon
The Valley Business Awards Luncheon (VBAL) celebrates the backbone of any community – business leaders and entrepreneurs. The fundamental feature of this special luncheon is the celebration of the Leon S. Peters Award recipient for excellence in business and community stewardship, named after one of Fresno’s most generous and benevolent community leaders. The VBAL also serves as the venue to celebrate several awards in Entrepreneurship, which include the Harold Zinkin Award, the Rising Star Award, and both the College and High School Entrepreneur Awards.
Annual Chamber Golf Tournament
Spend a day swinging your clubs on the green at the beautiful Copper River Country Club before enjoying a first-class dinner in the Clubhouse. Our unique tournament features a $100,000 Hole-in-one cash and car giveaway! Not only could you win a total of $100,000 AND a brand-new Lexus from Fresno Lexus, you’ll have four chances to take home a big prize (two holes at $25,000, one hole at $50,000, and one hole for a new car). Forget “Go big or go home,” this year it’s “Go BIG and DRIVE HOME!” To top it all off, you can also win your share of over $5,000 in high-end raffle prizes. Everyone is a winner – the weather is perfect and the time is always right for a great game of golf!
Barrels & Bottles
As the Fresno Chamber’s newest fundraising event, Barrels & Bottles brings together local breweries and wineries for a casual night of tasting, delicious food and live music. Have the chance to win from a wide selection of auction items and exciting wine raffle.
Eggs and Issues Breakfast
This series is held at various times of the year to give attendees an intimate look at politics from local legislators. It is also an ideal forum for Chamber members to interact and share their views on the legislative needs of the business community.
Coffee and Commerce
Coffee and Commerce are our early morning mixers, held every second Tuesday of every other month. Come out and network with other business professionals, while enjoying a light breakfast, all before heading to the office in the morning. Visit the Chamber website (fresnochamber.com) to find upcoming dates and locations.
Chamber Mixers, held the third week of every month, provide a fun and favorable venue for network development. These popular get-togethers allow current and potential members to meet, exchange information and talk business in a relaxed, informal atmosphere. Bring your business cards, get ready to talk about your company and organization, and prepare to make at least a few new friends! Visit the Chamber website (fresnochamber.com) to find out upcoming dates and locations.
Delivering Programs to Help Business Grow
As a Chamber, we depend on our amazing volunteers and staff to help identify community needs, issues and opportunities to improve Fresno. We then work closely with stakeholders to produce programs capable of solving these issues. As a business-centered organization, we also strive to deliver programs to help businesses flourish.
• Entrepreneurship 29
• Junior Board
• Leadership Fresno
• San Joaquin Political Academy
• Small Business University
• Lunch and Learn
• Need-based information exchanges and special events for business development
• Recognition of outstanding leadership through industry-specific awards.
Members help us achieve our core objectives when they get involved. If you are a member and would like to get involved with the chamber, contact us at (559) 495-4800 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what committee you are interested in. To learn more about each committee, visit fresnochamber.com
• Business & Education Committee
• Government Affairs Council
• Political Action Committee
Enhance Commerce Through Community Stewardship
The Chamber is the front door of community stewardship and we work in collaboration with many other community organizations to enhance businesses, including:
• Building Industry Association
• California State University, Fresno (Fresno State)
• California Apartment Association, Fresno Chapter
• Court Appointed Special Advocates
• Center for Advanced Research and Technology
• Central California Hispanic Chamber
• Clovis Chamber of Commerce
• Downtown Fresno Partnership
• Economic Development Corporation Serving Fresno County
• Fresno Area Hispanic Foundation
• Fresno Business Council
• Fresno Compact
• Fresno Convention & Visitors Bureau
• Fresno Council of Governments
• Fresno County Farm Bureau
• Fresno County Office of Education
• Fresno County Women’s Chamber of Commerce
• Fresno Housing Authority
• Fresno Leading Young Professionals
• Fresno Metro Black Chamber of Commerce
• Fresno Regional Development Investment Board
• Hmong Business Association
• Lyles Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
• Consulate of Mexico, Fresno
• Reedley Chamber of Commerce
• Regional Jobs Initiative
• Small Business Administration
• State Center Community College District
• State Center Consortium
• The Maddy Institute, Fresno State
• Tree Fresno
Fresno Chamber Advocates on Behalf of Business
One of the main goals of the Fresno Chamber is to be active in local, state, and federal issues that impact business. The Chamber has two thriving programs in place to engage in the governmental and political processes and advocate for business needs:
The Government Affairs Council (GAC) analyzes proposed bills, initiatives, and business-related issues at monthly meetings that are open to the public. Meetings are attended by local elected officials, as well as state and federal legislators and/or staff representatives. Each year the GAC takes a position on a large number of proposed state bills and dozens of local and federal issues. Grassroots advocacy includes writing letters to elected officials, tracking how our representatives vote, speaking out at City Council and Board of Supervisor meetings, and being the most influential voice of the business community in Central California.
Members are encouraged to communicate their government-related issues to the GAC to see if the Chamber can step in to help. Anyone who is interested in learning what is going on in the community is welcome to listen and participate in the spirited conversations at GAC meetings, held the second Wednesday of each month at Noon. The meetings serve as a great way to keep tabs on government issues, which are constantly evolving.
The Political Action Committee (PAC) recruits and supports qualified candidates who share the Chamber’s mission of promoting business and enhancing the economic and cultural well-being of Fresno County’s residents. The PAC raises money and donates directly to candidates as well as conducting independent expenditures in key races. Look for the “Sample Ballot” to see the full slate of Chamber endorsements before you head to cast your ballot. Ensuring the right candidates get into office strengthens our ability to work together in the future.
Becoming a member of the Chamber means joining our fight for business at all levels. However, your membership is also full of perks that will save you time and money while also helping your organization grow.
• Chamber of Commerce Membership Plaque
• Listing as a new member in Chamber Connect Magazine
• Referrals for business inquiries
• Access to Office Depot Chamber Program (A benefit which can offset the cost of Chamber Dues!)
• Ribbon Cutting/Grand Opening ceremony with photo that will displayed in Chamber Connect and online
• Workshops/Seminars, such as Small Business University, to assist in professional development and business growth
• Business development opportunities through participation on any of our Chamber committees (Ambassadors, Business and Education, GAC, etc.)
• Discounts on the approximately 15 events held annually
• Legislative e-Alerts
Features and Benefits of Membership
• Weekly Chamber eNews
• This week in Government Affairs eNewsletter
• Monthly Chamber Connect Magazine
• The opportunity to attend and host Membership Mixers
• Special Chamber Subscription Offer to The Business Journal
• Four (4) Phoenix Club tickets to a Fresno Grizzlies, Grizzlies souvenir and name recognition on scoreboard (during baseball season) or Four (4) Loge Level tickets at Selland Arena to a Fresno Monsters Hockey Game during season
Member Discounts On…
• Advertising in the Membership Directory and Community Guide
• Rental of Chamber rooms, facilities, and technology
• Wonder Valley Ranch Resort and Conference Center
• Membership in Fresno County Federal Credit Union
• Employment Law Compliance Materials
Marketing and Promotional Opportunities
The Chamber is proud to offer its members many opportunities to market and promote their businesses, including:
• Sponsorship opportunities at Chamber events
• Display of your company’s brochure/information and/or business card in our lobby
• Free coverage of your events and promotions through Chamber eNewsletter
• Your company’s name on the Chamber’s website with a direct link to your site
• Your exciting news, upcoming events and more can be shared with more than 7,000 others through Chamber social media sites
• eBlast opportunities
The Chamber is Your Meeting Place
The Chamber offers the follow meeting facilities for rent to its members:
Gottschalks/Lyles Board Room
• Seating for 72
• Full-size kitchen
• Projector and laptop
• Internet access
• Local phone service
• Conference call capability
• Seating for 8 to 10
• Internet access
• Dry erase board
• Chalk board
• Local phone service
• Conference call capability
Call us today at (559) 495-4800 or email us at email@example.com to reserve your date or to find out pricing and additional information.