The communities of Pico and Rivera were once separate country towns born in the 1870s when the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe and the Union Pacific railroads laid tracks through sprawling acres of citrus, avocado and walnut groves.
The sudden demand for housing following the end of World War II, attracted subdividers to both of these peaceful communities. The development of homes began in the area in the early 1950s. By the middle of the decade, leaders from both communities began voicing support for changing the two towns into one city. During an election on January 7, 1958, residents voted in favor of incorporation, and the City of Pico Rivera was born.
Profile Network, Inc. &
©2002-2003 Community Profile Network, Inc.
This Site is a Cyberworks Media Group Production