Community activities form the fiber of Batesville’s social structure. Citizen groups (such as Central House Players, Ripley County Harmonettes, Tree City Players and the Tri-County Harmonizers) partner with the Rural Alliance for the Arts to perform many unique and widely remembered performances. The performances always reflect a high caliber of talent, hard work and commitment to the arts.
With the assistance of the city administration and business community, the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra comes to the community every summer. This extravaganza, held at Liberty Park, is an evening of total relaxation, enjoyment and fellowship.
Residents also support the range of cultural events in Cincinnati and Indianapolis — Broadway shows, world-class museums, professional symphonies, ballet and opera companies, traveling circuses and rock concerts are within an hour’s drive, allowing Batesville citizens to stay in touch with the finer things in life.
- Cultural Diversions
- Cincinnati Art Museum
- Cincinnati Ballet Company
- Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
- Cincinnati Opera Company
- Taft Theatre (Cincinnati)
- Indiana Repertory Theatre (Indianapolis)
- Indiana State Museum (Indianapolis)
- Indianapolis Museum of Art
- Eiteljorg Museum (Indianapolis)
- Indianapolis Opera Company
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Indianapolis Jazz Ensemble
- Krohn Conservatory (Cincinnati)
- Little Nashville Opry House (Nashville, Ind.)
Residents also point to the Batesville Public Library with pride. The library is an architecturally modern facility that serves as a pivot point to spread the love of reading throughout the community. Materials include computers with Internet access, video and DVD collections, distance learning, satellite programming, audio books, CD-ROMs, a genealogical collection, magazines, art prints and books, available to the public. The library is also home to the Mary Stewart Center for Entrepreneurship to help new and start-up businesses.