Making Pleasant Hill Special
A few notable features of Pleasant Hill are:
• It is one of the fastest growing cities in Iowa with a population increase of over 35 percent in the decade of the 1990s and over 37 percent from 2000 to 2005.
• Its property tax base grew by over 34 percent during the 1990s and by over 43 percent since 2000.
• The city is located immediately adjacent to the U.S. Highway 65 Bypass and U.S. Highway 163. It is just five miles south of Interstate 80 and seven miles east of Interstate 35, two of the major east/west and north/south interstate corridors in the United States.
• It is located just 10 minutes from downtown Des Moines, 15 minutes from the Des Moines International Airport and 10 minutes from the Ankeny Regional Airport, which is an elite business airport with full traffic control features and can accommodate corporate jets.
• Pleasant Hill’s major business parks are located immediately adjacent to major highway corridors allowing for fast and easy ingress and egress.
• Public transportation is available through the Regional Transit Authority.
• The City of Pleasant Hill provides outstanding public services to its residents and businesses. Its Fire and Police Departments are well trained with modern equipment and vehicles, and its Parks and Recreation Department provides a multitude of recreational opportunities for all ages, and its Public Works Department provides a level of service equaled by few. The city also has a recently expanded library which is rated as one of the finest in the Des Moines Metropolitan area.
• The city is home to eight churches offering a full range of religious denominations.