contentsGreater Beauregard LA Chamberads


Its history stretches back to January 1, 1913, when a movement to create Beauregard Parish became a reality.

The parish, which took its name in honor of famed Confederate General Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard, soon designated DeRidder as its parish seat.

Local history is still felt through various preserved sites, including the Gothic Jail & Courthouse in DeRidder, the restored Burks Log Cabin in Merryville and the Dry Creek School — all of which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

DeRidder also hosts a fresco-style mural, completed by Conrad Albrizio in 1936, which adorns the current Beauregard Community Action Association building.

previous topic
next topic
Town Square Publications