contentsAlbert Lea-Freeborn County MN Chamberads

Worship

church

The first worship service held in Freeborn County was by Sylvester Phelps on August 31, 1856 in Moscow Township. Today there are over 70 places of worship located in Albert Lea and Freeborn County.

Twenty-eight of the current churches are in the city of Albert Lea, many having their own architectural importance. Elegant stained glass windows and intricate wood carvings take the members and visitors of these churches back into history.

For a listing of area churches in Freeborn County, visit: www.albertleatourism.org, click on Community Information, then click on Churches.

previous topic
next topic
Town Square Publications