contentsFenton MO Chamberads

Introduction & History

Fenton Chamber of Commerce

Throughout its early bluff history, the development of this area has had a link to the Meramec River. Over the course of many centuries, the river attracted not only Native American tribes, but European explorers who arrived in the area in the 1600s. These explorers were followed by settlers arriving in the mid-1700s. Founded in 1818 by William Lindsey Long, Fenton had a post office in 1833 and was originally incorporated in 1874. As access to Fenton and the surrounding area improved with the construction of a covered bridge in 1855, followed by an iron bridge in 1885, both the population and number and variety of businesses increased. From its humble beginnings of eight square blocks on the banks of the Meramec River, the City of Fenton has experienced continued expansion due in part to the role transportation has played in its development and, as a result, is one of the fastest-growing cities in the county.

previous topic
next topic
Town Square Publications

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

St. Anthony's Medical Center
ad
The Sue Martin Home Selling Team
RE/MAX Suburban - Debra Weber
St. Anthony's Fenton Urgent Care Center
Fenton Family Medicine
St. Anthony's Medical Center
Fontbonne University Options
SSM St. Clare Health Center