Commemorating the signing of the Treaty of GreeneVille with the Native
Americans on August 3, 1795, this monument is located on Memorial Drive
in the Greenville City Park.
Greenville City Park
This park is the site of world, state and local horseshoe tournaments
and has acres of picnic grounds, childrens playgrounds, tennis and
shuffleboard courts, swimming pools, fishing ponds, a band shell, a swinging
bridge, peacocks, swans and much more. The main entrance is located on
East Main Street.
Site of the Signing
A granite monument engraved with Howard Christy Chandlers painting
of the signing of the Treaty is located on West Main Street at Elm Street,
marking the approximate place where General "Mad" Anthony Wayne
signed the Treaty.
Site of the Native American encampment during the summer of 1795 during
negotiations for the Treaty, the Treaty was marked by 90 representatives
from various tribes. Entrance to Tecumsehs Point Walkway from Walnut
Street foot bridge.
Originally General St. Clairs outpost in 1791, this area (now a
state park) is located five miles south of Greenville off State Route
of Annie Oakley
A monument on U.S. 127, just south of North Star, marks the location of
Annie Oakleys birthplace near Willowdell on Spencer Road, one mile
south of Ohio 705 in Patterson Township.
Birthplace of Lowell
The house where Lowell Thomas was born has been moved from its original
location in Woodington to the Garst Museum grounds. The home has been
refurbished to the time period of his youth.
Gravesite of Annie
Brock Cemetery, the site of the graves of Annie Oakley and her husband
Frank Butler, is located on Beamsville-St. Marys Road, just off U.S. 127
near Ohio 185 northeast of Greenville.
Located at 205 N. Broadway in Greenville, Garst Museum contains Darke
County memorabilia dating back to the Native Americans and early settlers.
Featured collections include Annie Oakley, Lowell Thomas, and Zachary
Annie Oakley Memorial
This landscaped area at the intersection of Broadway, Martin Street, and
Washington Avenue features a heroic-size statue honoring Annie Oakley.
Surrounding the base of the statue are personalized engraved bricks purchased
by individuals and businesses in support of this project.
Located on Arcanum-Bears Mill Road, off U.S. 36 east of Greenville, Bears
Mill remains a working grist mill, grinding corn, wheat, and oats into
meal and flour. The mill is water-powered and is open for tours and offers
wares for sale.
A wooded nature preserve located on Routzong Road off State Route 571,
east of Greenville, this preserve is owned and maintained by the Darke
County Park District. Routzong is one of three preserves in Darke County.
Shawnee Nature Center/Preserve
This building is a 6,800 square foot nature center at the Darke County
Park Districts 120-acre Shawnee Prairie Preserve just west of Greenville
off State Route 502. The Nature Center contains a nature library, exhibit
and observation areas, a classroom, and a science laboratory for use by
students, teachers and visitors.
The Treaty Stone
A monument, located on the public square in front of the Greenville Municipal
Building, marks the approximate place where General "Mad" Anthony
Wayne signed the famous Treaty of GreeneVille in 1795.
Henry St. Clair Memorial
Built in 1910, Memorial Hall is located on West Fourth Street in Greenville
and is the artistic center of the county. The grand building is site of
the Anna Bier Gallery and Civic Room. Memorial Hall features a large auditorium
and a main entrance foyer featuring Tiffany style leaded glass windows.
Located on East Third Street at the corner of Locust Street, this gray
shingle house is the birthplace of Zachary Lansdowne who was commander
of the U.S. Shenandoah. The residence is on the National Register of Historic