The Nazareth Area School District is located near the eastern border of Pennsylvania, in Northampton County. The district is immediately north and west of the cities of Bethlehem and Easton and includes the boroughs of Nazareth, Stockertown, Tatamy and the townships of Bushkill, and Lower and Upper Nazareth.
Institutions of higher education are easily accessible from the Nazareth area and include Cedar Crest College, DeSales University, East Stroudsburg University, Lafayette College, Lehigh University, Moravian College, Muhlenberg College and Northampton Community College.
Residents speak with pride about the strengths of their schools and, in turn, the accomplishments of their students. Youth sports teams, performing groups and other youth organizations raise impressive funding and attendance levels in the Nazareth-Bath area, consistently demonstrating strong support and commitment to its youth.
Students in the Bath area attend schools in the Northampton Area School District. The schools offer similar programs to the Nazareth schools.
Both School Districts offer extensive extracurricular programs in music, drama, athletics and others. There are several private schools in the area offering programs unique to the philosophy of the school.
• There are approximately 29,428 residents in the School District, with increased populations expected due to new housing construction.
• The School District is a combination of rural and suburban areas with farming, industrial and professional work sites throughout the area.
• The School District enrollment is approximately 4,710 students within three elementary schools, an intermediate school, a middle school and a high school.
• The elementary schools house grades K-3 and serve as primary learning centers, with an enrollment of 1,288.
• The intermediate school, which houses grades 4, 5, and 6, has an elementary school focus and operates in a “School within a School Concept,” has an enrollment of 1,067.
• The middle school houses grades 7 and 8 and provides students with a team-based, fundamentally challenging core academic program and an exploratory curriculum that will expose students to other various programs. They have an enrollment of 749 students.
• The high school, with grades 9, 10, 11, and 12, has an enrollment of 1,608 students. Post-secondary education, workforce preparation, along with diverse advanced placement and elective offerings are all part of the high school program.