A Small City with Big Amenities
• Historic sites, museums, parks, entertainment venues, professional sports teams, safe neighborhoods and quality schools.
• Located less than 10 minutes from International Airport.
• Hidalgo is located at the center of three International crossings: Hidalgo International Bridge, Pharr International Bridge and Anzalduas International Bridge.
• Over 5.7 million vehicles and 3.3 million pedestrians traveled across the Hidalgo International Bridge in 2011.
• Population of almost 2 million in the McAllen MSA-Reynosa bi-national region. â€¢ Hidalgo's 2010 census population is estimated a 11,168.
• Lowest cost of living.
• The Valley's population increases each winter for 4 to 6 months by 145,000 from winter retirees (Winter Texans).
• State Farm Arena a 6,800 seat entertainment venue is #1 in Texas for Venues Today Year End Review & #5 in Texas and produces 165 events annually. It is home to 2 sports franchises, the RGV Killer Bees Hockey team, and entertainers like George Strait, Shakira, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Duran Duran, Aerosmith, Jonas Bros. and Selena Gomez have all performed to sold out concerts.
• The 2011 thirty one day Festival of Lights event drew 700,000 people to Hidalgo to enjoy more than 3 million lights and 500 major displays during the entire month of December and in March, 2012 86,000 attended the 36th Annual BorderFest.