contentsSachse TX Chamberads

History

History

The founder of current-day Sachse, William Sachse, arrived in the U.S. from Herford, Prussia in 1840; eventually arriving in Texas by 1856 at the age of 25. Sachse immediately secured 640 acres of land in Collin County and later acquired an additional 5,000 acres in the area becoming a successful farmer, rancher and trader. In 1886, Sachse donated 100 feet of right-of-way frontage to the railroad, which, in turn, constructed a depot and designated the town’s name as Sachse. Upon the completion of the railroad depot, signs at both ends of the facility read “Saxie,” a mistake that was later corrected.

By the late 1920s, business was booming in Sachse. The town continued to grow, eventually receiving incorporation as a city in 1956 and adopting its Home Rule Charter designation in 1986. Now with over 21,600 residents and 150 businesses, we are honored to be a part of both Dallas County and Collin County, as well as Garland ISD and Wylie ISD. To find out more about the city of Sachse, visit www.cityofsachse.com or www.sachseedc.com.

previous topic
next topic
Town Square Publications