contentsTri-County TX Chamberads

Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph

JBSA-Randolph

Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph

What is now known as Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, the “Showplace of the Air Force,” was dedicated June 20, 1930, as a flying training base and has continued this mission ever since. Randolph lies just northeast of San Antonio in Universal City.

In 2005, the Department of Defense received Congressional authorization for a Base Realignment and Closure Round. Under the BRAC Joint Basing Recommendation for San Antonio, installation support functions at the Army’s Fort Sam Houston were combined with those at Randolph and Lackland Air Force Bases under a single organization to form what is the largest joint base in the DoD. The host unit at Randolph then changed from the 12th Flying Training Wing in February of 2010 to the 502nd Air Base Wing at JBSA-Fort Sam Houston.

Force Recruiting Service Headquarters,

Along with the 12 FTW, Randolph has many tenant organizations, including Air Force Personnel Center, Air Force Recruiting Service Headquarters, and Air Education and Training Command which is one of the Air Force’s 10 major commands.

JBSA-Randolph employs more than 5,000 military personnel and 5,200 civilian employees.

previous topic
next topic
Town Square Publications