Serving the People
Langlade County is comprised of 17 townships, the Village of White Lake and the city of Antigo. Antigo serves as Langlade County’s seat with its historic 1905 courthouse lying at the city’s heart. County offices are located adjacent to the facility while municipal offices reside within one block of the structure. The County Board is comprised of 21 District Chairmen and headed by Chairman Mike Klimoski and Vice-Chairman Eugene-Kamps.
The new city hall is home to Antigo’s mayor-aldermanic form of government as well as a director of administrative services. The city utilizes revolving loan funds, industrial and hospital revenue bonds and public improvement (lease-purchase) loans to business relocation and expansion. Two Tax Incremental Finance Districts, one in the downtown and the other in the city-owned industrial park also are located within the municipality.
The Antigo Industrial Corporation, a non-profit entity, assists in business recruitment and expansion while Antigo manages a state Development Zone Program that comprises four counties and offers tax credits for job creation and environmental remediation.
The Antigo Police Department employs 17 sworn officers and three civilian staff. In addition to law enforcement duties, officers are actively involved in educational programs for civic clubs and organizations and also in the national D.A.R.E. program.
The Antigo Fire Department employs 20 full-time and 11 paid-on-call firefighters. All firefighters and the department secretary are also Emergency Medical Technicians. The department operates four life-support equipped ambulances, providing service throughout the county. In conjunction with the Town of Antigo and Rural Fire Control units, 62 county firefighters operate six fire engines, four tankers and three rescue vans.
The city receives electricity from Wisconsin Public Services Corp. while City Gas Company of Antigo provides natural gas. Verizon is the local telephone service provider. The city provides water services.